Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Susanna and the 'Ugh Poem'

Interesting story. I looked up the passage in a few different bibles and came to realize that it isn’t in all Bibles and its in different places in different books. Doesn’t make it very easy to find. Anyway, honestly I really don’t get much connection between the story in the bible and it’s connection to the poem. A tad to deep and off center for my taste. The bright side is that I now know the Susanna story and it is a good one. I think the Hebrew spelling is Shoshanah (Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend's name, and their both Jewish!); a modern spelling is Sosana, a Tiberian spelling is Sosanna. The story teaches us it’s best to presume innocence, while facts are reviewed! This story also gives more insight into the young Daniel, and his early view of justice.
BTW – I think I left one of my hard cover Harper Collins in the classroom on Tuesday….if anyone happened to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment