Wednesday, October 21, 2009

P & J is sounding good about now!

After reading Haley's blog of 9/22, it was fun to think about the P & J writer's who seemingly started this whole thing on the multiple writers in the Bible. Haley said that the idea of multiple writers was new to her too. It didn't dawn on me what Genesis 1 and a Genesis 2 could have such phenominal dinamics! This astounds me because of how oblivious I was about even the remote possibility of multiple writers. As I have mentioned before, I was raised Catholic, and I know that I opened Bibles and read some before, but attending this class actual opened my mind to many more perspectives of "the good book." Today, I am more satisfied reading the Bible closer as a study, than any of my other classes, because it leaves me in a different state of mind, a different mood that leaves me feeling 'full'. Anyway, I agree with Haley about the 'P' Priestly writer being logical and repetitive, somewhat scientific, can be tedious and chronological and bulletted. And the 'J' Jaweh writer has got a more literary quality and lyric style of story telling. Here's a thought on that I haven't thunk before; Maybe 'J' was a feminant male. Or a homosexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment