Thursday, October 22, 2009

'like' thinking on Job,dude

The trials of Job were surely horrendous because of all he endured. Loosing your stuff can be one thing, but when you lose your health, you also lose some of your mind. I think you lose a 'presense' of mind when your ill because a part of you has to tend to what is ailing. The body makes demands on the mind and the brain to 'fix' or take care of what is no longer functioning properly and so you have lost some of your mind, hopefully only temporarily.
Take 'like' this past week for me; I've been sick since last Thursday evening, low temps everyday since, bad cough now a runny nose. I mean all this hinderence to the 'work' of being a full time student in the midst of midterms, that it is quite the trial to 'keep the faith' that I will be a successful student at the end of this semester. So much instruction to remember and assignments to process that it can drive a twenty year old over the edge! I ponder why God chose me for the auduous task of continueing education for myself at this age, in this run down, sick, and tired, broken down body, and for no pay! Couldn't someone invent the 'chip'?! {Idea I have of subjects of worthy study chips that can be easily and painlessly transplanted into your brain fo instant knowledge in the desired area. Just a thought I toy with over the years!} Yes, one must have the 'patience of Job' sometimes just to make it through a day; yet, as we learned in class the other day, Job had no patience, but he did pray. So, I'd like to change that to having the 'faith of Job', in that it all comes out in the wash anyway, it's just how you play the game. Bible literature is starting to look 'like' fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment