Wednesday, December 16, 2009

soul growth

12/16/09 Bible Blog 2
Wow! Here it is, the thing that's been nagging at me about the whole human condition of isolation re: race & religion. I had read Frye's comments a few times, but today I think I see it ; p. 232, where he puts it more clearly to what my question is:
“From our present vantage point we can characterize this conception of original sin more precisely as man's fear of freedom and his resentment of the discipline and responsibility it brings.”
Now I ask if this maybe is my question, “Is the human soul much as a human child, as in the way it develops? Infancy, toddler, childhood, adolescence, young adult, mature adult, elder?"
So let me take a whack at this idea for a minute. I'll guess that humans as a species, are possibly in the adolescent stage at least, I hope! It rushes into a discipline that it soon grows resentful of, just like an adolescent trying to grow into the adult.
That probably means I won't see much apocoliptic revalations (other than in my own mind!!),in my lifetime in the way of more outstanding group soul progress, but as long as we keep our integrity with ourselves and each other, progress is assured. That's what is important to me, anyhow. Okay, I'm done; this is a subject best discussed in person. Happy Safe Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment