Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Buddy Job

Being sick sure stinks. It seems like the semester is racing by, and when your out of commission for a few days, it doesnt make it any easier. When talking with Dr. Sexson about my final term paper project, I shared with him a couple of “family” issues that I was experiencing. We agreed that especially with some of my life experiences that I just might relate well to Job. After all, he was tested and tested and tested once again. While he never gave up, he certainly felt like “What the F! I have been at that cross road too many times over my lifetime. I have not had body blisters unless you count psoriasis, While I may not have been the perfect embodiment of human virtue as was Job, I have led a good life I believe and I have had my share of personal trauma and near death experiences. Then with 5 kids, just imagine the challenges. This past week, I had issues with two of my kids. I thought they were grown up. Well as I continue to be tested, Job will remain as a guiding light for my reflection on how bad things can really get. At any rate, I am hanging in there with my good buddy Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment